Here is a partial list of classes offered at the studio. We are happy to offer customized classes and private lessons; in fact, most lessons Shannon teaches are private or semi-private in order to accommodate her students’ schedules and needs. If you’d like to be in the loop for upcoming class schedules and more, join our mailing list.
- knitting (including, but not limited to: sweater design, basic knitting, design-your-own-X, short rows and other ways to fit your body)
- felting (wet felting, nuno felting, needlefelting, recycled felting)
- spinning (hands-on, help with technique, etc — we have a number of wheels and spindles you can test-drive)
- sewing techniques used for other crafts (using sewing patterns to draft handknits, lining knitted bags, more…)
- embroidery (freestyle, cross-stitch, alternate materials and techniques such as embroidering on knits…)
- [you name it] — feel free to ask and we can customize a class or topic for you!
New! Online classes!
Can’t get to the Studio? We now offer online classes, too. The classes will be taught using online chat (no particular instant messaging software required), video, PDF handouts, and discussions in an online forum where you can also ask questions at any time. The videos are recorded in advance of each class session, though additional videos may be added to answer specific student questions. Email info [at] knitgrrlstudio [dot] com to sign up, or become a member of the Knitgrrl Ning network where the classes are taught.